Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Genevieve's first day of school

Successfully dropped Zeke off to school for day #2, and had a relaxing morning with G & D.  We had breakfast/lunch at the bakery, and then Genevieve headed off to her first day of school which started at noon. She left early to try to walk with her friend Amanda.

The boys and I lounged in the pool most of the afternoon.  At 4:00 I went to the school to meet her at dismissal.  I found that dismissal time is a soft 4:00.  At about 4:20 the class was finally released.  Genevieve greeted me with "are we going to walk home together, because I wanted to walk with my friends".  Ouch :)

I grilled her when she came home and found she had a great day.  She said that most of the girls in the class said they remembered her from 2 years ago, and she was already making new (old) friends.  She said they do A LOT of writing in class, and parts of it were boring, but they got TWO! recesses in just a 4 hour school day.

Hoping she continues to like it after the novelty wears off.

No comments:

Post a Comment